Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How does your garden grow?

So, this is the first year DH and I have had a place that we can have a real garden!  So, we set out with excitement at our garden center, within reason. I wanted all the plants, he wanted ones that were aesthetically pleasing-we met in the middle with a good mix.
Vegetables and herbs, I really only wanted a tomato plant, until I go there.
We have a great little plot on the side of our house, where the fence offers 2 sides that will help support beans & tomato plants.
The plot beside the house. Allows for lots of sun & but also evening shade. 
We planted corn, 2 types of beans, cucumbers, squash, radishes, tomatoes, 2 types of onions, garlic, mint, cilantro, and rosemary.
DH putting mint in the ground. 

Everything will start from seeds except the herbs and the tomatoes- I have 6 plants! I really am excited to see how this will turn out. The rosemary and cilantro are in pots, I prefer my rosemary in a pot so I can move it around. Don't ask me why.


Cilantro, mint, rosemary, and tomato plants! 
This summer will be full of adventure in this little garden! I hope to at least get one vegetable out of it. If I get only one I will still count it as a success! I hope to get many more off of it, but even one will make me happy.
Geraldine observes from the window. 


No comments:

Post a Comment